Monday, December 26, 2011

lobster salad lettuce cups

It's been a couple of weeks since I've blogged any new recipes, I have quite a few that I need to get on here... but I've been busy! Yes, I am using the cliche excuse of being busy!
As I am writing this my 2 yr old is chattering in my ear and asking me for about 10 different things, Mickey Mouse, cheese, milk, water, Elmo, a lolli pop, you name it. Oh well, at least the other boys are entertaining themselves. Moving on...

I don't cook very often with expensive ingredients, but when I find a good deal at the store I don't want to pass it up! I scooped up a pound and a half of this lobster already removed from the shell at a smoking price! I knew I would use it for something and here it is, one of my appetizers for Christmas Eve dinner

lobster salad lettuce cups

Ingredients

1 1/2 lbs of cooked lobster meat
1 head of butter lettuce
1c. of mayonnaise
the zest of 1/2 of a lemon
1 T. of finely chopped chives
1/2 T. of chopped flat leaf parsley
1 T of capers
salt and pepper to taste

Method

take the lobster meat cut into bite size chunks and mix with the mayonnaise, lemon zest, chives, parsley and capers
add salt and pepper to taste
rinse butter lettuce and break off the leaves from the stems
the outer leaves may be too big to use for this appetizer, so use the middle to inner leaves (I saved the larger leaves to add to a salad)
place the lettuce cups on a platter and fill each one with about 2 T of the lobster salad and serve!




No comments:

Post a Comment